The Advanced Database 2.0 module sets out key database concepts and covers the use of a relational database application to create an advanced database structure and outputs.
The Advanced Database module covers the tools available in database applications to better manage and organise structured information. Effective use of these tools to manage and analyse high volumes of data can produce the quantity and quality of information that business today demands.
|Tables and relationships||
What are the benefits of this module?
- Allows users to become more confident, efficient and effective in using a database application.
- Proves mastery of the application.
- Enables users to retrieve and produce higher quality management information.
- Improves user’s productivity.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts of database development and usage.
- Create a relational database using advanced table creation features and complex relationships between tables.
- Design and use queries to create a table, update, delete and append data. Refine queries using wildcards, parameters and calculations.
- Use controls and subforms to enhance forms and improve functionality.
- Create report controls to perform calculations. Create subreports and enhance report presentation.
- Enhance productivity by working with macros and use linking and importing features to integrate data.
The detailed syllabus for the Advanced Database module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Advanced Database and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Advanced Database sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
ICDL Professional Modules
ICDL Professional is made up of groups of modules that are tailored for different sectors, covering the core skills that will only become more important over time.
Each module is supported by training materials that cover the syllabus content in a way that is easy to relate to day-to-day tasks and responsibilities within a particular sector.
Modules can be mixed and matched from different sectors to create a unique ICDL Profile. For example, someone working in marketing might take Digital Marketing, Advanced Word Processing, Advanced Presentation, and Image Editing.