The Digital Marketing module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to the fundamentals of digital marketing, including creating a web presence, optimising content for search engines, using social media platforms, carrying out online marketing and advertising across a range of services, as well as monitoring and improving campaigns using analytics.
There is a strong demand from employers for workers with good digital marketing skills. This demand skills is, in part, driven by the growth of online shopping and commerce that can allow businesses to reach previously inaccessible customers. The Digital Marketing module is aimed at a wide range of candidates, including entrepreneurs and employees of small and medium sized enterprises, students, and existing marketing professionals who want to build and certify their digital marketing skills
|Digital marketing concepts
|Social media setup
|Social media management
|Online marketing and advertising
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills and main concepts relating to digital marketing.
- Certifies best practice in digital marketing.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising digital marketing professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts of digital marketing, including advantages, limitations and planning.
- Understand various web presence options and how to select appropriate keywords for search engine optimisation.
- Recognise different social media platforms, and set up and use common platforms.
- Understand how effective social media management assists in promotion and lead generation.
- Use a social media management service to schedule posts and set up notifications.
- Understand various options for online marketing and advertising, including search engine, e-mail and mobile marketing.
- Understand and use analytics services to monitor and improve campaigns.
The detailed syllabus for the Digital Marketing module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Digital Marketing module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Digital Marketing sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
ICDL Professional Modules
ICDL Professional is made up of groups of modules that are tailored for different sectors, covering the core skills that will only become more important over time.
Each module is supported by training materials that cover the syllabus content in a way that is easy to relate to day-to-day tasks and responsibilities within a particular sector.
Modules can be mixed and matched from different sectors to create a unique ICDL Profile. For example, someone working in marketing might take Digital Marketing, Advanced Word Processing, Advanced Presentation, and Image Editing.